SIGN UP TO OUR FREE NEWSLETTER

Published: 2020-02-17

DP World acquires majority stake in Ukrainian terminal

Ports & terminals DP World acquires majority stake in Ukrainian terminal

Photo: TIS Group

The Dubai-based provider of end-to-end supply chain logistics agreed to purchase a majority 51% stake in the TIS Container Terminal in the Port of Yuzhny, pending regulatory approval. TIS Group will hold the remaining 49%.

The Ukrainian container market grew over 20% in 2019, and TIS Container Terminal has one of the most efficient railway connections in the region to major Ukrainian cities, supporting trade flows to the hinterland. Established in 2009, it is the deepest container facility in Ukraine, with 15 regular weekly rail connections throughout the country.

Its owner, TIS Group, is the largest private operator of seaport terminals in Ukraine, accounting for 31mt out of 160mt traffic in 2019. The TIS Container Terminal in Yuzhny handled 219k TEU in 2019, a 75% growth compared to 2018 records. This latest move complements the existing operations of DP World’s P&O Maritime Services, a joint venture with TIS, providing tugging services in Ukrainian seaports.

Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Group Chairman and CEO, DP World, said, "[…] Our goal is to build the industry's leading data-driven supply chain solutions through our global portfolio, creating opportunities for our customers to realise game-changing value and accelerate their cargo deployments. We believe the strategic partnership with TIS Group will enable the terminal to continue growing, further cementing TIS Container Terminal's position as the leading gateway to Ukraine."

Partnership Events
(C) 2020. All rights reserved.
Be sure to take a look at our cookie policy
Designed by LemonMind.com